Inky dark red in the glass. On the nose, Blackberry and candied raspberry with hints of smoke, char and toffee. Tastes of Raspberry and toffee flavours mingling with smoke and oak toast. 90% Shiraz, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
Margaret River’s world-class wine region is located in the South West of Western Australia. Surrounded by ocean, the area is blessed with a maritime climate; wet winters and mild, dry summers. Fine wines, abundant local gourmet food, pristine beaches and majestic forests combine to make the region a favourite tourist destination.
- Winery Website: Hamelin Bay Wines
- Vintage: 2019
- Harvest method: By hand.
- Vineyard Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Vineyard notes: Our unique Five Ashes vineyard is one of Margaret River’s most picturesque vineyards. The moderate maritime climate and a north facing ridge of prime gravely loam soils are ideal for premium quality grape growing. The exceptional wine produced reflects these superb natural attributes of our 26 hectare vineyard. The Whites are positioned on a cool Easterly slope with soils varying from prized Forest Grove gravels to Karri loams, whilst the Reds are situated on a warmer North-facing slope beneath the cellar door on deep, dark gravel loams. The Whites exude freshness and elegance, and the Reds have restrained power and depth, both with distinctive and intense characters specific to each particular variety, block and site. From our very first vintage, our wines have won awards thanks to the outstanding terroir influenced by perfect gravel soils, select aspects, and cool moderate maritime microclimate.
- Skin Contact: 8 days with daily pumping of the must over the cap
- Time in Barrel: 12 months in French Oak barriques
- Best Consumed: By 2030
- Bottling Date: January 2019
Almost anything on the BBQ