Anthonij Rupert Wyne, legendary South African estate and producer, is one of the most recognized and celebrated brands in premium, South African wine. “Anthonij Rupert” is the flagship line of Rupert’s portfolio. Only the best is acceptable for this range; and presently, it comprises six wines—all red.
Opulent but genteel and tempting violet-tinged soft black fruit abundance on the nose. The palate is all about texture: silky, velvety, smooth and simultaneously plush. Ripe plums, hedgerow fruit, cocoa, cedar and spice, cigarbox flavours makes for an enveloping mouthful. Complex, elegant and beautifully integrated, the oak is seamlessly balanced with the fruit. Lingering & harmonious with not a single element out of place.
- Winery Website: Anthonij Rupert Wines
- Vintage: 2016
- Vineyard Yield: 2 tons/acre
- Vineyard notes: The grapes selected for the Anthonij Rupert Optima, comes from our L’Ormarins Estate in Franschhoek and Rooderust farm in Darling. Specific sites, each with their own unique soil type and climatic conditions, were identified for the ideal grape selection, which make up unique components of the final blend in Optima.
- Barrel Info: 225L French Oak (30% new)
- Time in Barrel: 20 months
- Best Consumed: Over the Next 10 Years