Principe Corsini — Tuscany, Italy
The award-winning Principe Corsini brand is synonymous with quality and excellence. The Corsini lineage, with nine centuries of history, is an ancient Florentine family that boasts illustrious ancestors including a Pope, Clement XII, and a saint, Andrea Corsini bishop of Fiesole. The history of the Corsini family is linked to that of two prestigious estates: the elegant Villa Le Corti and Tenuta Marsiliana. In the production of wine and oil, within the property of Villa Le Corti in the Chianti Classico and Tenuta Marsiliana in Maremma, there is a perfect balance between agriculture and conservation.
- Winery Website: Principe Corsini
- Vintage: 2017
- Rating: 92 from Falstaff Wine Guide
- Harvest method: By hand.
- Vineyard notes: 6,000 plants per ha/2,428 plants per acre
- Fermentation: In open air tanks with temperature control system for 14 days at a max temperature of 30°C
- Barrel Info: Second and third fill French oak barrels
- Time in Barrel: 12
- Best Consumed: Through 2030
Grilled lamb and baked potatoes